Job Family Group:
Posting Start Date:
February 16, 2023
Where you fit
This role requires a results-focused team player, with strong communication skills both written & verbal. He/She must be able to work under tight time pressure whilst still maintaining high standards of work. Ability to deal with conflict effectively and challenge the business when necessary. Knowledge of MI and Business Support, to advise and support business decisions. He/She should possess strong commercial acumen to be able to support the sales organisation in credit matters. He/She must be credible and be able to negotiate effectively with customers and their professional advisors face to face at the highest level within their organization whilst valuing the customer relationship wherever possible.
What’s the role?
Responsible for the risk assessment of customers and the establishment of credit limits, the analysis of the overall credit exposure, the recommendation of terms of credit and the negotiation and management of security necessary to support higher risk exposures. Approval of credit limits, within delegated authority and obtaining the necessary MOA approval for exposures exceeding authority, approval of risk categories, and release of blocked orders. Actively support the sales account holders in credit issues. Provide support to the Credit Assessment Supervisor/Credit Senior/Team Manager/Country Credit Manager as required.
1. Manage Credit Risk
Responsible for the risk assessment of customers, negotiating and managing security arrangements, establishment of appropriate credit limits with necessary MOA and the analysis of the overall credit exposure. Responsible for the re-assessment of credit-worthiness of customers based on re-evaluation triggers, and timelines. Provide authorized approval for the release of blocked orders in respect of credit. Perform detailed financial analysis of customer financial statements for development of a risk profile of each customer using analytical results to establish credit limits within designated authority level and prepare analysis write-up to obtain necessary MOA for decisions exceeding designated authority level.
Ensure compliance with Global Downstream Credit policy, OCM standards & SOX controls. Meet/communicate with customer’s senior finance and business leaders to establish understanding of customer’s financial condition and business model as needed to complete credit analysis and to negotiate security when financial condition does not support credit exposure. Manage security arrangements to ensure timely actions taken to renew or replace expiring security instruments.
2. Manage Accounts Receivable
Responsible for ensuring that both ‘Proactive’ and ‘Reactive’ credit control takes place and ensuring that customers’ debt are collected in line with contracted payment terms. Ensure timely reassessment for triggers generated by significant delay in payment behavior, or negative business outlook. The authority’s decision would also need to be executed and documented by this role. Recognize financial risk situations on Trade Receivable Accounts. Exercise manual blocking of orders on high financial risk and seriously delinquent accounts. Recommend A/R provisions for bad debt.
- Able to speak fluently in English & Chinese (Cantonese will be a plus)
- Degree in Accounting or related Finance course is preferred
- Good knowledge of financial statements interpretation & analysis
- Experience in credit risk assessment and offer to cash process is an added advantage
- Credit Risk Assessment (Skill)
- Manage Operational Credit Risk (Skill)
- Business Partnering (Skill)
- Receivables Management (Knowledge-Skill)
- Governance & Compliance (Skill)
- Accounting & Reporting (Knowledge)
- Project Management (Knowledge)
- Data & Digital Skills (Knowledge)
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We offer several flexible working arrangements subject to business requirements for our employees to help support work-life balance.
A Rewarding Place to Work
- Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Wellbeing, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
- We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Have the ability to discuss with customers in English & Chinese (Cantonese will be a plus), issues concerning credit risk whilst still trying to maintain relationship with customers. The ability to negotiate effectively is a key requirement together with strong, but firm interpersonal skills. Must be extremely knowledgeable of business to both support and control credit issues.
Maximizing commercial opportunities where credit can play a part in delivering strong margins whilst taking acceptable credit risks with a risk-reward trade off. This will require creating very good working relationships with the local Sales Teams, and strong levels of commercial knowledge across all line of business. Have the ability to discuss with customers, a range of issues, which can cover high risk, cash flow, growth potential whilst maintaining a solid business relationship. The ability to negotiate effectively is a key requirement. Demonstrate solid understanding of Downstream business strategies and growth objectives.
- Countries/Businesses covered: All line of businesses in NEA – China, HK and Macau
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.