FIND YOUR 'BETTER' AT AIA
We don’t simply believe in being ‘The Best’. We believe in better - because there’s no limit to how far ‘better’ can take us.
We believe in empowering every one of our people to find their 'better' - in the work they do, the career they build, the life they live and the difference they make. So that together we can support even more people - including our own - to live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
If you believe in better, we’d love to hear from you.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR .....
Reporting to the Procure To Pay Lead, Group Financial Solutions of AIA Shared Services Sdn Bhd, this position shall provide leadership, management and technical ability/support for P2P Unit within GFS, and accountable for the provision of the related services to AIA entities in accordance to applicable accounting policies, standards and guidelines.
He/She is the lead of Accounts Payable covering finance operations.
Job Description :
1) Lead and manage the Accounts Payable team to ensure that all AP Operations services are provided on a timely basis, comply with AIA accounting procedures, and applicable group and local accounting standards.
2) Lead and manage the development, design, and implementation of new outsourcing (to GFS) processes, including new system, controls, and functionality changes to existing systems in relation to Accounts Payable Process. This is to ensure successful outsourcing projects and to improve current processes, controls and overall effectiveness of the team; while ensuring all changes have no impact to the day-to-day delivery of services.
3) Develop Business Process Manuals (BPM) for Accounts Payable Process by optimizing best practices, ensuring all risks are address by proper controls, and at the same time ensuring the BPM is in line with AIA accounting procedures, and applicable group and local accounting standards.
Monitor and ensure all internal controls stated in the BPM related to Accounts Payable Processes are adhered to without any gaps and identify areas for further enhancement to improve team’s effectiveness and efficiencies, and ensure the BPM is updated on a timely manner.
4) Review incident reports for Accounts Payable Process to ensure proper investigation is done for issues, concise descriptions of the issue is written in the report and immediate actions/recommendation is taken to address the issue. Escalate incidents to Procure to Pay Lead, Head of GFS and report the incidents to Group and Local Business Units on a timely basis.
Ensure control is enhanced for any break in control and additional guidance is provided to the team to prevent the issue from recurring.
5) Continuously search and identify opportunities to improve systems, processes, and people for standardization across AIA Group of Companies and to meet the challenges and needs of stakeholders in relation to Procure to Pay.
6) Develop KPI Report to be submitted to Local Business Units in accordance to the agreed Service Level Agreements. Monitor and ensure all KPI are met and communicated to Local Business Units on a timely basis.
7) Support the AIA Group of Companies as a Subject Matter Expert (“SME”) on the interpretation of and requirements definition for local regulatory and statutory accounting and reporting requirements related to Accounts Payable processes.
8) Act as Business Partner to Group Finance, CFOs, Head of Finance, Head of Procurement and Local Business Units on any matters relating to Procure To Pay by providing timely and satisfactory response on all queries
9) Responsible for recruiting, hiring and development of Accounts Payable team members.
10) Responsible to prepare, monitor and analyse variance for P2P Units approved and agreed upon budget.
Job Requirements :
9 + Years in Finance department of a multi-national Bank/Insurance company (preferably in Asia-Pacific)
3 + years of supervisory or management experience in the above position
Experience in a shared services or similar environment providing finance operations services to external/internal stakeholders
Special business knowledge and skills:
Advance knowledge of accounting standard and principles, the ability to interpret the standards and apply to real life scenarios
Knowledge of control environments in a finance operations environment
Knowledge of SAP accounting systems work and are designed
Strong organizational and leadership skills
Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills, as well as training technique.
Excellence motivation, coaching and mentoring skills
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.