As a global gaming company, we’ve helped millions to fight their way through fearsome mobs in Minecraft Dungeons, battle each other and the environment in Rust: Console Edition and most recently worked with Bethesda Game Studios to craft new adventures for Vault Dwellers around the world in Fallout 76.
We strive to avoid crunch, overtime is optional and always paid, and we offer flexible working hours to allow you to enjoy a normal family life whilst making great games.
We’re looking for an Environment Artist to join our award-winning team conveniently located in Mid-City Valley, Kuala Lumpur.
As an Environment Artist at Double Eleven, you’ll be specialising in creating a diverse range of environments using all the latest art production techniques, help schedule the creation of the assets as well as supporting fellow artists.
We can support relocation within Malaysia and have a dedicated Operations team on standby to assist you and your family with every step to us.
Interested? We kindly ask all applicants to submit a portfolio to support their application. We’re afraid applications without an accompanying portfolio will not be considered.
Strictly no agencies (sorry guys!) and we’re unable to sponsor a visa for this role.
Would you enjoy
- Helping to create beautiful games
- Being part of an amazing team working on multiple AAA titles
- Being trusted to work independently and proactively to the highest standards
- Working with experienced teams in the industry
- All that without having to sacrifice your work-life balance or worry for your job security
What you'll be doing
- Creating stunning environments with the help from concept art and art direction
- Verifying asset quality once imported into the game, and make improvements when necessary
- Managing assets to fit memory, design, and performance
- Working in our own and other multi-platform game engines, with a diverse range of titles and art styles
- Producing rich materials and shaders that complement and enhance environments and props
- Working closely with Artists and Lead Artists to deliver and maintain the established art style
- Helping to plan and estimate workload
- Working well within the team environment and be able to support other team members
- Proactively staying up to date on new software, processes and industry trends and share the knowledge with the team
- Operating at a high level of integrity, team spirit and drive
What we're looking for
- A strong portfolio illustrating proficiency as an Environment Artist
- Good understanding of Maya/Max, Substance Designer/Painter, and Z-Brush/Mudbox
- Experienced in generating PBR materials and shaders
- Good Unity/Unreal experience including asset import and management, optimization, material, lighting and baking
- Experienced in working on current generation games
- Effective communicator with art staff and team leads
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Able to collaborate and contribute effectively in a team environment
- Experience in a game production environment
- Comfortable working to deadlines
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- All relevant qualifications considered
What to expect
- Start your day any time between 8:00am and 10:00am
- Annual leave + gazetted public holidays + leave for your birthday!
- Up to 10 days discretionary annual leave during the end of year holiday break
- 1 day off if you’re moving house
- A personalised development plan mapped against our clear development framework
- Company private healthcare cover in-patient and out-patient for employee, spouse and children
- Access to mental health support via Plumm (includes 4 free video counselling sessions per month)
- Potential for annual performance bonuses and an end of year bonus
- State of the art office facilities
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making to allow you to thrive
- Monthly free activities via our Bus Tours programme. Bring your family along for a day of fun with grub included
- Free juice, hot drinks, fruit and monthly free team lunches
- Many free team parties to celebrate team and game milestones
- Employee referral bonus (up to MYR5,000!)
- Opportunity to attend and speak at global events as a Double Eleven Ambassador
- Sponsored team activities
- In-studio wellbeing programmes and support
- Opportunity to contribute to our internal Employee Diversity and Equality Network
- Free game codes, game swag and merchandise
- Maternity, paternity, adoption and dependent leave available.
- Free on site parking
Ways to reach us
If you have a general query or if you need support with your application and/or an alternative way to apply, please do not hesitate to contact our Recruitment team at email@example.com