Some people are not well versed in using proper phrases in a work setting. If we use them on a daily basis, it will result in others perceiving it in a way that will build bridges and develop trust among each other. If you are not a people person, here are 107 phrases to build up a positive relationship with your colleagues.
1. Resolving a conflict or argument
- We can work this out together
- I understand what you’re saying and…
- I see what you mean
- There is no need for you to apologise
- We all should take a break and calm down
- I hear where you’re coming from
- Please don’t take that the wrong way
- I am sorry that we got off on the wrong foot
- Perhaps we can find someone to mediate for us
- Let’s work together to turn this into a win-win situation
- I believe we can reach an agreement
- We should look back at this another time
2. Emphasizing a point
- My main concern is…
- I want to emphasize that…
- Can I make a point?
- This is an important matter
- We need to keep in mind that…
- Just like what I have said…
- I would like to point out that…
- We should not forget that…
- We all should focus on…
3. Staring a meeting
- I’d like to welcome you to…
- Today’s meeting we will be covering on…
- Let’s start the discussion with…
- Shall we get down to business…
- Let’s take a look at today’s agenda
- We are here to decide…
- Thank you everyone for joining in today
4. Concluding a meeting
- I’d like to thank you all for your time.
- We covered a lot of things today.
- Let’s meet again next week at this same time.
- This is a productive meeting.
- Thank you everyone for your attention.
5. Start an email
- How are things going for you
- How have you been
- I hope all is well for you
- Let me introduce myself
- I would like to follow up on…
- It was great to meet you on…
- I enjoyed our conversation with you at…
- It was a great pleasure meeting you
- I hope my message finds you well
- Thank you so much for sharing the good news
- I apologize for the delay in my response
6. Send clear emails
- Please see the attached file for reference
- Here is the report that we last talk about
- Please keep in mind that…
- Please sign the attached form and return it by…
- Attach below is the document you requested
- I’m attaching a file for your review
- You can find additional details at…
- I’ve indicated the changes with…
7. End an email
- Thank you,
- Best Regards,
- Talk to you soon!
- Thanks again!
- I will follow up with you in…
- I look forward to hearing back from you
- I will keep you updated as soon as I hear anything more
- Have a great day!
8. Managing complaints
- Thank you informing us
- Thank your pointing that out
- I’m sorry for any inconvenience caused
- We’re sorry about that
- Please accept our apologies
- I will inform my manager
- I will try and make this better for you
- Here is a token to make up for your trouble
- We will sort that matter for you immediately
- I appreciate that for letting me know about the matter
- I am really glad that you inform us
- I understand your frustration
9. Giving your opinion
- I think that
- In my opinion
- From my perspective
- We should probably…
- If you ask me…
- I think…
- I believe…
- For what it’s worth…
- The best outcome is…
- If you don’t mind my statement so…
10. Agree with somebody
- I think think the same way
- I have to agree with…
- I like your idea
- That’s correct
- That’s how I view it too
- I second that
- I couldn’t agree more
- I couldn’t have said it better myself
- Well said!
11. Disagree with somebody
- That may not be true, but..
- I don’t think I quite agree
- I wouldn’t state that
- Did you really think it’s right?
- That might not the best approach
- What other ideas do you have?
- There might be consequences to that
- It sounds good on paper, but…
- Do you have any ideas or suggestions?
- How can I fix this problem?
- What will you do to fix it?
- Where do I start?
- Are there any guidelines that I can refer to
- Who can assist me?
- Is there a manual or tutorial?
Leave us your thoughts on the comment sections below. Head over to Jobstore.com and unveil your next job opportunity.
You Jing is a content writer who writes career and lifestyle contents to inspire job seekers and employers alike on their journey to work-life balance, empowerment and transformation in their career path.
Reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org