Recognised as the top Malaysian-based telecommunications infrastructure & service provider, Sapura Secured Technologies – a subsidiary of Sapura Group of Companies has also positioned itself as the leader in acquiring and developing strategic technologies.
Click to view current openings:
- RF Planning Engineer
- Radio Transmission Engineer
- Quality Manager (Construction)
- Corporate Legal & Commercial Law Manager
- Project Accountant – Financials
- Planning Manager
- Risk Manager
- Design Manager
- System Assurance Manager
The main task of an RF Planning Engineer is to provide pre-planning, radio planning and pre-launch optimisation services for the wireless radio system. Maintaining key database and optimising for the network is part of the job responsibilities as well.
- Prepare link budget calculation, coverage prediction plots, capacity dimensioning, simulation & network parameter planning/design
- Coordinate internal & outsource team in carrying out site survey, site identification, drive test activities, meeting customer network KPI targets, requirements & acceptance of TETRA network
- Technical support in case of major or critical problems that can’t be solved by customers according to SL
- Analyze & troubleshoot network statistics, drive test data and recommend/execute solution for improvement according to KPI requirements
- RF Performance Assessment: Coordinate Drive team and review drive test data as well as network operational measures, and prioritize trouble areas
- Understanding of system topology and air interface parameters of at least one of the main radio access technologies
- E2EE RF Network performance monitoring and analysis for TETRA/Wireless Radio System – Contractual KPI achieved 100% of the time
- To be the Subject Matter Expert and provide knowledge of existing network systems technologies, industry equipment options in the field of Wireless Radio System – Stakeholder’s Satisfaction
- To be responsible for the RF Coverage Planning tool and maintain updated database for entire TETRA Network – Database Accuracy and Tool Availability
- Responsible for Network Optimization activities for monthly KPI reporting and cluster performance analysis from drive test measurement – Contractual KPI achieved 100% of the time
- To manage customer complaint from Customer Engagement Team (CAT). Network analysis and solution recommendation to rectify/improve the situation – Customer Complaint Closure and Customer Satisfaction
- Technical support for other project/business development/tender bidding exercise related to TETRA and Wireless Radio System – Design completeness, cost efficiency
Working primarily on planning and designing telecommunication network, transmission engineers are responsible for site surveying, rerouting and expanding networks.
- In-depth knowledge of Transmission Telecommunication Network planning and design
Line of Sight (LOS) site surveying and site hunting for network blockage, re-routing and expansion;
- Planning and implementing IP Microwave Network;
- Possess good troubleshooting and analytical skills on transmission network (PDH/SDH/IP) – Path loss, Link Budget, Planning and Analysis;
- Highest skill of MAPINFO and topology highly concern.
If you’re interested in maintaining standards and committed to improving business performance, this job is for you. Quality managers are tasked with coordinating quality assurance activities, including subcontractors, suppliers and third-party interfaces. In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring that all quality control tasks are properly carried out, documenting and examine each stage of the construction.
- Accountable and responsible for the management and co-ordination of all and, or any related Quality Assurance activities including Sub-Contractors, Suppliers and, or 3rd Party Interfaces;
- Must be familiar with Construction Quality Management and be able to conduct Quality Assurance governance/processes/compliances through the implementation of the project
- Establish and maintain the Project Quality Plan;
- Establish and monitor the Quality Audit program;
- Coordinates and interfaces with other construction departments to ensure that construction operations are in compliance with the contract, governing industry and government quality standards, project specifications and the established quality control criteria.
- Facilitate due compliance with the Project Quality and plan Quality Audit program by test, inspection and audit;
- Engage with and facilitate audits of the QA processes by external auditors;
- Prepare QA/QC Observations & propose corrective & preventive actions in conjunction with Site Manager & relevant site staff;
- Quality Managers are responsible for ensuring that all quality control tasks are carried out, documenting the construction process and inspecting each stage of construction;
- Construction Quality Managers must also work directly with other managers to ensure that all projects meet the standards of quality set forth by the company/Client and Industry
- Carry out audits and inspections of supplier & sub-contractors’ site work;
- Ensure that documents and processes needed for the Quality Management System (QMS) are established, implemented and maintained;
- Report to top management on the performance of the QMS and any need for improvement;
- Establish a configuration management procedure, planning and processes to sustain the Project Management Team and their interaction and, or contractual compliance with Sub-Contractor, Supplier, Interfaces, Authorities and Client from project initiation through to completion of project delivery and the subsequent Defects Liability Period as a minimum;
- Hands on experience on ISO 9001:2008/2015.
The role of a corporate legal & commercial law manager is to provide guidance, advice and support to a diverse range of operating units. Additionally, they analyse corporate charter documents, records to ensure all compliance with governing statute and providing actionable solutions.
- Provide legal and contractual guidance to relevant business groups;
- Contribute to ongoing legal risk management initiatives conducted;
- Review and advise on the commercial terms;
- Research, analyze and interpret insurance, financial services and other regulatory guidance and legislation;
- Interface with regulatory agencies and other external stakeholders;
- Provide guidance, advice and support to a diverse range of operating units;
- Work collaboratively as part of broader organizational project teams;
- Draft articles of incorporation, amendment, amalgamation, dissolution, continuance, arrangement
- Conduct corporate due diligence and report;
- Analyze corporate charter documents, corporate records to ensure compliance with governing statute and make recommendations on relevancy and remedial actions;
- Research and interpret legal and technical procedures, statutes, and regulations applicable to area of practice;
- Work on multiple transactions and matters simultaneously;
- Accountable for researching legal matters, providing legal opinions, and commercial contracts;
- Prepare contracts and documents related to assigned areas of company operations;
- Prepare various agreements entered into in day-to-day operations of the company such as inter-company agreements, non-disclosure agreements, licensing agreements and other legal documents;
- Assist in-house counsel/legal team in the management of company policy documentation and help ensure compliance with regulatory bodies.
This role puts you in monitoring progress of the project, analyse financial estimates and recommend optimization to increase profits. As a project accountant, you will be tasked with identifying and developing the financial process to improve internal controls. Updating the monthly actual expenses and preparing periodic project is part of the ad-hoc duties as well. In-depth understanding of MFRS, Income Tax Act and GST guidelines is required to enrol in this line of work.
- Update monthly actual expenses and prepare periodic project cashflow to rebaseline for the purpose of Rolling Cashflow Forecast;
- Produce error-free monthly financial statements generated from SAP system for further review by the supervisor to ensure project operations are within the budget;
- Analyse all variances between Actual/Budget/Latest Estimate and recommend area of improvements to increase profits;
- Explore potential tax savings/incentives for the project;
- Provide necessary budget information on requests from project team;
- Verify Tax Invoices received from other companies to be entered in the accounting system;
- Assist in year-end closing, annual audit and tax submission activities;
- Identify and develop financial process to improve internal controls;
- Ad hoc assignments.
This position directly works with clients in relation to all planning, measuring, programming and reporting activities and reports to the project director. The planning manager’s role is to oversee all operations and coordinating all works related to ensuring everything runs according to schedule. Individuals who have exposure and experience in railway projects/industry is an added advantage. A minimum of 10 years working experience in this field is the requirement to apply for this job.
- Establishing and obtaining agreement from the client on acceptance of the Project Base Line Programme;
- Establish and obtain agreement from the client on acceptance of other works programmes such as the Submission Programme, Design, Procurement & Manufacture Programme, Installation Programme, T&C Programme, etc.;
- Provide support to the Project Management Team in the evaluation, modelling and extrapolation of the critical Time Schedule, and projected impacts in the event of delays, changes, variations and interfacing variances;
- Collate, analyse and integrate into the overall works program detailed time schedule information on a periodic or prescribed basis;
- Establish and maintain a strategic plan to embrace all of the respective functional systems and interfacing factions;
- Provide support to the Project Team in the preparation of formatting and the provision of content towards prescribed reporting to the client ;
- Ensure compliance with the client requirements as detailed in the Contract General and Specific Specifications or Special Provisions;
- Establish Work Breakdown Structures and Progress Schedules to aid project team members and client understands of events or requirements and to provide a past to present model “cash-flow” or revenue/ payments;
- Attend meetings with the client in association with and support any or all projects related to planning, modelling, extrapolation and interfacing issues;
- Assist in the compilation of and maintaining project specific metrics or Measurement Indicators as directed by the Project Manager and other Discipline Managers.
As a risk manager, your main role is to ensure all company staff are up to date with project risk management conditions and drive the process from the top down. You’ll also need to manage the daily project risk of work package contractor (WPC) and coordinating activities for the entire company.
- Responsible for Risk Management as part of everyday working practices;
- Makes staff aware of the Project’s Risk Management requirements and drives the Risk Management process from the top down;
- Facilitates risk meetings within project team & clients;
- Represents WPC to participate in the evaluation of risks;
- Responsible in the identification, assessment, evaluation and management of WPC risks;
- To organise and facilitate monthly multi-disciplinary risk meetings to review and update WPC ’s risks;
- Responsible to record new risks; record any changes to the probability of the risk occurring or the impact (time and or cost); captures and updates responses to the risks;
- Provides risk progress reports to client as required.
Responsible for managing the design, coordinating, implementation and adherence to all design activities. Design managers collaborate on projects with sub-contractors, suppliers and third party system interfaces as well. Additionally, establishing and maintaining security management system is also part of the role based on the Code of Practice for Information Security Management.
- Establishing fundamental Design Processes and Design Management Procedures to sustain development and implementation of the design parameters as depicted in the Contract to accommodate sub-contractors, suppliers and interfacing factions;
- To ensure that all parties contributing to the Functional, Systems and Interfacing Design adhere to the respective processes and procedures. This will aid the demonstration of compliance and provide an audit trail. Typically, processes and procedures will entail a requirement for robust planning, accurate documentation and the undertaking of purposeful design reviews as a minimum and will involve all parties as referenced above;
- Monitor and direct the Design Progress Status of all parties via the use of Planning and the utilisation of key performance indicators or metrics;
- Participate and render advice with respect to the Functional, Systems and Interfacing Design Project Meetings and Reviews with the client, sub-contractors, suppliers and interfacing factions;
- Promote and chair internal Design Meetings to discuss, identify and resolve Technical co-ordination issues between sub-contractors, suppliers and interfacing factions;
- Ensure via the Document Controller function that all and any documentation appertaining to design, and or design submissions are archived and can be readily retrieved for referral and demonstrate proof of compliance as deemed necessary;
- Ensure the appropriate, timely and recorded distribution of results and decisions emanating from Design Reviews to the client, sub-contractors, suppliers and interfacing factions;
- Will pro-actively participate with and render professional advice with respect to compiling and establishing Testing requirements to test “Systems” in general to the Test and Commissioning Manager and Systems Integration Manager requirements;
- Ensure the overall technical uniformity of the system as defined by the contract is undertaken externally with the Project Delivery Partner, internally within the project team with respect to each of the functional sub-systems suppliers, and participate in the examination and determination of the “critical” technical choices. The DM will also ensure uniformity, interoperability and compatibility between the respective work packages and between functional sub-systems resulting from any “changes” originating from the sub-contractors, suppliers, client and the WPC;
- Consolidate and validate with the Project Planning and Interface Management functions, the duration and the sequencing of the system design production and validation activities in order to ensure the technical uniformity of actions of the various project participants;
- Keep up-to-date with the system development technical baseline, managing any identified deviations, modifications and changes from the contract specification in order to provide documented evidence in support of the PM to negotiate any subsequent amendments with sub-contractors, suppliers and the client;
- The DM is in charge of the overall design of the delivered system. He will be responsible for generating the Design Plan and providing the Conceptual and Preliminary Design Documents and the Software Definition Specification. They will establish the requirements of the system design documentation;
- Design and implement measures to prevent unauthorized physical access and operation of equipment during the construction phases and future operation of the equipment;
- To establish and maintain a security management system with reference to ISO/IEC 27002:2005 Code of Practice for Information Security Management;
- Submit a Systems Security Management Plan;
- Conduct regular internal security audits.
As the system assurance manager, you are tasked with managing and coordinating all of the activities in the system to ensure the reliability, availability, maintenance and safety are at its optimum level. Representing the company to the client with regard to how the system assurance works are part of the role to display the processes and procedures. Managing and carrying out audits on technical safety-related issues is part of the responsibility of this position as well.
- Establish the Reliability, Availability, Maintenance & Safety (RAMS) management plans at System level in accordance with the Contract as a minimum;
- Evaluate and establish RAMS parameters for each of the respective discreet sub-systems in accordance with the Contract;
- Define specific RAMS requirements as appropriate for the respective sub-systems in accordance with the Contract Technical documentation, as a minimum;
- Co-ordinate the RAMS analysis process, specifically with reference to the Hazard Analysis;
- Co-ordinate the External Body and Safety Assessor activities and, or related Safety Design Reviews;
- Fulfils the Technical Safety Manager function, liaising closely with Design Management and Interface Management functions;
- Co-ordinate Safety Management Activities as necessary to obtain the final System Acceptance;
- Represent the WPC to Client with regard to all and, or any Systems Assurance and related topics to include assumptions, probability, evaluations and, or calculations, assessments, processes and, or procedures, audits and demonstrations of due compliance in accordance with the Contract, as a minimum;
- Manage and facilitate Risk Assessment as an intrinsic management process of the WPC Project Team;
- Adopt contract data to establish RAMS targets;
- Prepares the plans relating to RAMS appertaining to the delivered system, describing the organisation, methods, technical requirements, human resources, and the documentation to be produced to facilitate a complete understanding by all parties of the defined targets to be attained;
- Defines the RAMS criteria that the system must satisfy;
- Co-ordinates the RAMS activities in order to ensure consistency of system design, production and installation;
- Monitors the RAMS objectives taking into account the contractual RAMS obligations with sub-contractors;
- Prepares the RAMS inputs required to demonstrate the RAMS of the system;
- Manages and carries out audits on technical safety related issues.