Working for Countdown isn't just about in-store opportunities. We're at the cutting edge of retail innovation, and this is supported by a reputable Manufacturing, Logistics and Corporate division including Construction, Property Management, Legal, IT, Finance, HR, Customer Service, Buying and Marketing.
Countdown is a great New Zealand Company providing our customers with quality, range and value. We are built on a passion for retail, dedication and a commitment to making our customers experience more enjoyable every time. Countdown Supermarkets is seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic and energetic person for the role of Meat Manager.
This role includes working Sunday - Thursday. Hours to be discussed.
Key responsibilities include:
• Maintain a high level of communication with customers
• Ensure that customers are served in a friendly efficient manner
• Train and develop staff in your Department (including Qualified Butchers & Apprentices)
• Sales planning, rostering, merchandising and ordering of stock to company specified guidelines and budgets
• Abide by company policies and procedures in relation to Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) and Food Safety to ensure a safe working environment for customers, staff and contractors
To be considered for this role you need to be able to meet the following selection criteria:
• Qualified as a Butcher
• Ability to be available for work across the 7 days of the week which may include evenings and late nights and some public holidays
• Communicate effectively with customers and staff
• Demonstrate a strong customer focus and competently deal with customer queries and complaints
• Work in a fast-paced team environment
• Be self motivated and show initiative
• Prioritise workload to effectively meet deadlines
• Effectively supervise and train staff on a daily basis to ensure company policies and procedures are being adhered to
• Project a professional image at all times
• Demonstrate previous experience of ordering, stocktake and rostering systems
• Demonstrate an awareness and consideration for a safe working environment
• Consistently maintain a high standard of housekeeping in your Department
• Have an eye for detail and sense of urgency to achieve results
At Countdown, safety is a core value - countdown to zero is our mission of zero harm to our people, environment and community.
For more information about Countdown careers, visit http://www.countdown.co.nz/about-us/careers