Qualification Test Technician/Engineer
6-12 month contracts
As a Qualification Engineer/Technologist you will be responsible for the set-up and execution and reporting of qualification tests. You will demonstrate independence and sound technical judgment in identifying problems and formulate solutions. You will take an innovative approach to problem-solving and share technical knowledge with others in the group, team and across the organisation.
Perform qualification testing on products to include:
- Vibration Testing
- Temperature Testing
- Electrical Power variations
- Enable projects to enter qualification on time and meet schedules requirements
- Support shift work where necessary.
- To write Qualification Test Reports.
- Liaise with projects to ensure the test requirements are correct and are met during the initial and de-risk activities to ensure the qualification program runs smoothly.
- Travel off site to support testing of EMC and other miscellaneous environmental tests.
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Assure proper documentation of technical data is generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Experience of Microsoft Word and Excel
- HNC or equivalent level of knowledge and experience in a mechanical based subject appropriate to Qualification Testing.
- Experience of Mechanical and Electrical equipment.
- Experience of RTCA DO-160 or MIL_STD-810 or similar standard
- Experience with Aircraft based qualification testing.
- A positive attitude, initiative, pro-activeness and an enthusiasm and passion for engineering
- Demonstrable success in achieving and exceeding internal customer milestones
- Good problem solving and solution building skills
- Good communication skills to team, peers, and management