3 Month initial contract (with the potential to go permanent)
£25 - £30p/h
Cheltenham (GL2 9QN)
My client are looking for an experience Sourcing Specialist to join their already established team in Cheltenham. The successful candidate will have extensive experience within the Aviation/Aerospace industry in a similar role.
This exciting opportunity working with a world leading provider in the Aviation industry is initially on a 3 month contract but can lead to a permanent position for the right candidate.
The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for providing Sourcing support for Capex Purchases through UK sites plus site Indirect Focal for Cheltenham site. Under Indirect sourcing function guideline, you would utilize your experience and expertise to engage with cross functional stakeholders on site with the aim of supporting successful Capex program execution in terms of time, cost and quality.
- Project Capex Sourcing focal for all UK sites plus focused support for Cheltenham site.
- Work closely with Facilities leads functional team to meet project deliverables
- Attend regular site program meeting as required to ensure program flow down are prioritized and Sourcing activities are fulfilled effectively
- Identity project needs proactively and support early Supplier engagement
- Assist in identifying and driving new sources of supply and on-boarding new suppliers in line with Aviation Sourcing policy
- Solicit and evaluate supplier proposals employing appropriate negotiation, cost and price analysis techniques to ensure lowest total acquisition cost
- Drive Contract and Statement of Work review as required effectively
- Utilize site purchase systems to on board new Suppliers and place project demands with Supplier as required in the purchase system and follow-up with suppliers on delivery fulfillment
- Manage Supplier deliverables and Performance that are related to the Capex programs
- Work under Sourcing function supervision to ensure Sourcing Compliance
- Provide Sourcing procedure and guideline into program team as required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Sourcing role
- Extensive Aerospace industry NTI project Sourcing experience essential
- Aerospace government contract experience preferred
Candidate must be able to present evidence of
- Prior experience in procurement coverage large Capex programs ($5M plus)
- Prior experience in contractual management
- Prior experience in project management skills
- Strong cross functional stakeholder management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong Can-do and customer focused attitude
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong Team player with the ability to work with cross functional teams
- Travel occasionally as required by the business
- Good knowledge on Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Please submit your CV's for consideration in the first instance.