Catering Assistant – Kew Area
Spotless is a great Australian success story.
With a staff force of 39,000, we provide integrated facility management services that create added efficiencies for businesses everywhere. You’ll find us in diverse locations from airline lounges and major sporting venues, to city offices and army barracks. We have a strong presence all around Australia and New Zealand and we are proud of our people and our achievements.
If you are looking to make a positive, fulfilling career move, Spotless is a great choice for you.
Alliance Catering (part of the Spotless Group) is the market leader providing food services to the business, education and resources markets in Australia and New Zealand. Our mission is to be the best in the business. Our food is fresh, our staff are friendly, and our customers are satisfied.
The key to our success is our people. Your role as Catering Assistant in this busy Education site in Kew is to provide friendly, attentive and efficient service to our valued customers. This is a part time position, working Monday to Friday, 0700-1400. This role allows for work/life balance as you will have school holidays off!
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing excellent customer service
- Table setting for functions/ pack down
- Some function supervision
- Food preparation, including sandwiches
- Cash handling
- General kitchen cleaning duties
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate:
- Experience working in a fast paced Café environment – minimum one year
- A current food handler’s certificate, experience with food handling, storage and preparation
- An overall passion for quality, food and customer service
- Understanding of OH&S and food safety practices
- Strong interpersonal skills
- An ability to work as part of a great team
Benefits and culture
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- Immediate start
- A professional and safe working environment
- Good employee benefits and entitlements
- Well renowned national organisation
- Work/life balance
- Real career advancement opportunities
- Comprehensive OH&S training
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a team that is committed to fresh food and great people, we want to hear from you! Apply now by clicking the ‘apply’ button below.
Please note: The ability to obtain a Working with Children's Check is a prerequisite for this role.
Spotless is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians to apply.
View Position Description