Senior Road Designer
We are delivering the design of major road projects in the Newcastle, Hunter and Central Coast area such as Newcastle Inner City Bypass Rankin Park to Jesmond, M1 Weakleys Drive, Pacific Highway/Wyong Road and Warnervale Link Road – which can be viewed at http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/projects/. In partnership, we are also delivering the design of the Newcastle Light Rail project.
To respond to ongoing demand in the transport market, we are currently seeking a Senior Road Designer to join our Newcastle office.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design of roads geometry, vertical and horizontal alignments
- Design of traffic intersection geometry
- Integration of drainage, pavement and utility relocation designs
- Interaction with engineers and drafters for production of design drawings and reports
You will ideally possess:
- Diploma or higher qualification in engineering
- Strong design background in road projects in Australia
- High competency in the use of MX or 12D software and AutoCAD
- RMS and AustRoads experience
- Knowledge of Road Safety Audit processes
- Excellent communication skills and team orientation
- A high regard for safety and quality
The successful candidate will work within an experienced and established team including senior and junior engineers, senior roads designers and roads drafters.
What We Provide
Working within the global Aurecon team provides extensive career prospects whilst providing an environment that empowers, encourages sustainability and promotes team work. For an example of some of our projects, visit http://www.aurecongroup.com/en/Projects.aspx
How to Apply
If you are keen to progress your career within a dynamic project environment, please click on the APPLY button below.