Metro Trains is seeking a RAMS Specialist to join the Strategic Asset Management team. You will provide expertise to the Melbourne Metro Rail project team in defining and assessing the Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) program targets and play a key part in the delivery of our major projects.
We operate and maintain Melbourne’s Metropolitan train network. Successfully transporting over 400,000 passengers per day is achieved by our large dedicated workforce. With multiple large projects being completed, we continually work hand-in-hand with all external businesses involved to ensure that new assets comply with the standards we set.
The Integration and Transformation division is responsible for planning a safe, reliable and passenger focused service while ensuring operational readiness for the new systems, processes, plant and equipment being introduced by the State Government’s ambitious investment programs.
As the RAMS Specialist you will:
- Review and/or develop RAMS requirements for all stages of the capital project life-cycle.
- Apply the principles and application of an ISO55000 compliant Asset Management System and provide necessary guidance in the development and delivery of new processes and systems to maintain accreditation.
- Undertake RAMS related technical investigations/performance analysis and prepare reports/recommendations.
- Develop relationships and liaise with a broad range of stakeholders in order to get the best outcome for the project.
- Define and plan the integration of RAMS Information Systems and Tools and monitor the output of data to ensure it is relevant, useable and cost effective.
- Assist and provide advice in the review and development of RAMS requirements for Rail Operational Plans and Asset Class Strategies.
You will report to the Network & Asset Modelling Manager but will also have a significant liaison role with multi-disciplinary stakeholders both within the larger MTM business, and with external organisations. In this role you will contribute to MTM’s Asset Management Excellence score by pro-actively making the best use of data to inform business decision making in the development and implementation of major projects.
Finally, you value the importance of teamwork and of listening, challenging your peers and making a difference.
- You will have tertiary qualifications in Engineering or Science appropriate for corporate membership of the Institution of Engineers, Australia.
- Proven understanding of RAMS principles for critical assets, infrastructure, and operations.
- Ability to autonomously perform complex RAMS tasks and provide expertise on specific concepts and principles.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to pro-actively engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to participate in technical investigations, audits and risk assessments.
- Familiarity with ISO 55000, ISO 50126 and the Global Forum for Maintenance and Asset Management (GFMAM) Asset Management Excellence model would be advantageous.
- The success of this role will be due to your guidance and engagement of multi-disciplinary stakeholders across the business to embrace the opportunities afforded by new technology to add business value.
- All Metro Employees receive a free Myki pass that allows free Public Transport in Victoria.
- Metro supports work/life balance with opportunities to work from home on occasion
- Melbourne is currently home to the largest rail infrastructure projects in Australia that will boast long term employment and future career opportunities
Ready to apply?
Please submit your application by clicking ‘Apply Now’ before 11am Tuesday 5th June 2018. Please direct all queries to Ben George, Talent Acquisition Specialist on 0437 025 786.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.