Assistant Underwriter – One Underwriting
- Opportunity to develop your technical underwriting skills and experience
- Be part of an expanding and developing underwriting agency
- Be mentored and trained by an experienced and professional team
Due to continued growth, we are looking to appoint an ambitious and enthusiastic individual into the role of Assistant Underwriter. You will be supporting a team of experienced technical underwriters to help the business achieve financial targets and profitability levels.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing administrative assistance to the senior underwriters at all stages of the underwriting process
- Distributing quotes, finalising schedules, management of bordereaux and a range of other activities
- Assist with gathering market intelligence that affects the key products, distribution, and potential growth
- Building rapport with and providing a professional and effective service to intermediaries and key stakeholders
To be successful in this role you will display:
- A sound foundation of general insurance experience; exposure to underwriting and/ or commercial risk would be preferable but not essential
- Strong communication skills and the ability to learn and understand technical matters
- Passion for customer service excellence and the ability to build, develop and maintain strong relationships
- Strong teamwork and the drive to complete administrative tasks on time and to a high standard
- Adaptability, resilience and flexibility are important, under-pinned by a strong work ethic
- Intermediate-advanced user of Excel with the ability to, for example, create v-look ups
This is an exceptional opportunity for an emerging general insurance professional to assist in achieving the key strategic business unit objectives in a period of growth and operational change. You will be an integral part in defining the shape of Aon’s product offering to third party distribution partners in this exciting time of growth.
Aon Culture & Benefits
With close to 1600 employees, we are the largest organisation of our kind in Australia. Globally, we have an employee base of 50,000 people working across 120 countries. This allows us to gather the best thinking from around the world and deliver solutions locally. We provide colleagues with the support to make an impact, a team that will inspire you to achieve, and on-going opportunities for development
A core business unit within Aon Risk Solutions, One Underwriting is a leading underwriting agency, providing insurance and risk management solutions and markets to our network of licenced general insurance brokers.
How to Apply
Make your mark, be part of a highly successful team and apply online today.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and we invite you to be part of an organisation that has a diverse workplace, values continuous learning and supports many charities and environmental initiatives.
Category: Claims & Underwriting
Location: Australia, NSW, Sydney