Design, Order and Implementation telecommunication solutions fulfilling order requirements on the FTI network . Work in conjunction with Customer Provided Equipment (CPE) Engineering to ensure Telco access/transport designs are compatible with equipment solutions . Provide regular project/service status to management and leadership in order to provide schedule and cost input on all service orders . Assist Telco Provisioning in resolving technical and administrative issues with in-process orders to carriers . Write, submit and coordinate all service related release documents (Maintenance Release, Cut Sheet, TSO/PON, etc.) to the maintenance, provisioning and field team as required . Provide technical support as needed to the service activation center (SAC) and the Primary Network Operations Control Center (PNOCC) in the turn-up and restoral of services, respectfully . Participate in proposal development and new program implementation . Contribute to continued development of new and existing procedures for implementing and maintaining telecommunications solutions/systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Computer Information Systems with network focus, Telecommunications Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering Technology with at least 6 years’ experience
- Understanding of LEC/CLEC & IXC connectivity and infrastructure
- Basic domain knowledge of carrier (LEC/CLEC) and inter-exchange carrier (IXC) connectivity
- WAN/LAN, TDM and Voice switching systems; TCP/IP, Frame Relay, ATM and specific routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP and RIP; VoIP, DWDM, CTI and VPN technologies
- Knowledge of telecommunications carrier ordering systems and processes
Additional Skills Preferred:
- Experience working for a carrier
- Experience with ClearQuest PTR processes and procedures
- Experience with MetaSolv
- Familiarity with FAA programs preferred
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.