Home Help – Walpole
- Attractive salary packaging options - up to $15,899 tax free
- Friendly, supportive working environment
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
We have an immediate opportunity for a passionate community domestic worker to join Silver Chain Group in the position of Home Help. This is a Casual position where you will be required make yourself available for potential shifts from Monday to Friday 8am – 4pm within Walpole.
Our Home Helps deliver a high-quality service within client’s homes by assisting with domestic tasks that they are unable to do, and to encourage clients to actively participate in activities that maintain their independence. Responsibilities can include general housekeeping (sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dusting), making beds, laundry (washing and ironing), occasional shopping, assistance with correspondence and occasional food preparation.
We are seeking individuals who share our vision of providing the world’s best health and aged care in the home so Australians can confidently live their lives as they choose. Your commitment to our values of - Care, Community, Integrity and Excellence will be reflected in your approach and the way in which you provide services and care within the community.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to encourage and motivate clients to do as much for themselves as possible.
- Take pride in your work with the ability to prioritise workload and work independently.
- Demonstrated skills in professional housekeeping and food preparation.
- Candidates possessing a Basic First Aid Certificate will be highly regarded.
- Satisfactory national Police Certificate (on commencement of employment and updated every three years per the Aged Care Act 1997).
- Current motor vehicle driver’s licence (with no restrictions) and access to a reliable registered motor vehicle with a minimum of third party insurance.
Under the Aged Care act 1997, successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory National Police Clearance prior to commencement.
- Travel Allowance of $.78 per kilometre for travel between clients
- Smart phone provided to perform your work
- Health Care benefits
- Social Club – discounted tickets for movies, the zoo and more (dependant on location)
How to apply
To submit your application, and to view a copy of the Position Description, click ‘Apply’
Please note that unsolicited applications from agencies will not be accepted.
About Silver Chain
Silver Chain is one of Australia’s largest not-for-profit health and community care providers. Over the past year, we have helped more than 16,500 clients confidently live in their homes or communities by providing more than a million hours of care through our aged care services. With a reputation for innovation and leadership that’s been built over 120 years, Silver Chain is set for an exciting future – and we’d like you to be a part of it.
At Silver Chain Group, we recognise the positive contribution that a diverse workforce makes to our organisation and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.Essential: Do you have the ability to obtain a satisfactory National Police Clearance?
Essential: Do you hold a current valid Australian driver's licence?
Essential: Do you have access to a reliable, registered motor vehicle?
Essential: Do you have the rights to live and work in Australia?