|Company:||Shoalhaven City Council - Water|
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Fantastic local opportunity
- Based at Bomaderry depot
HVTC Shoalhaven in conjunction with local host employer, Shoalhaven City Council is seeking applicants for an Engineering Mechanical Apprenticeship to join their team in 2018 at their Bomaderry Depot.
About the company
HVTC Shoalhaven is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices and trainees in the local region. We are well equipped to support the regions diverse range of industry.
HVTC, is Australia’s oldest Group Training Organisation (GTO) and one of the largest. HVTC is a not-for-profit organisation with an independent Board of Directors and operates from ten regional branches across NSW. The company has employed and trained more than 20,000 apprentices and trainees over the past 35 years.
HVTC Shoalhaven provides mentoring and support and are seeking committed applicants who possess an enthusiasm to learn and develop new skills.
About the role
HVTC Shoalhaven is seeking applications from motivated and career focused individuals willing to undertake a full time apprenticeship to complete a Certificate III in Engineering Mechanical.
The successful applicant will have a desire and passion for this professional field and a commitment to undertake further studies; with full support and encouragement to develop skills to launch your career forward and gain practical experience in a well-established industry environment.
If you are a highly motivated person wishing to commence a qualification or are a currently completing a 2nd or 3rd year apprenticeship in Engineering Mechanical we encourage you to apply.
You must be eligible to complete a Certificate III Engineering-Mechanical MEM30205
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Commitment to full term of the apprenticeship and study requirements
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and develop new skills and knowledge
- Demonstrated interested/passion in the trade
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ongoing commitment to safety, quality and principles of continuous improvement
- Strong ability to plan work and effective time management
- Strong mathematical and mechanical aptitude
- WHS Construction White Card (or willing to obtain)
- Current drivers licence (P1 or above)
- Access to reliable transport
- Work experience in any area/s relevant to the apprenticeship
- Formal and on the job training
- Nationally accredited qualifications recognised around Australia
- On successful completion of your apprenticeship you will receive a Certificate III Engineering-Mechanical
How to Apply:
To be considered for this opportunity, YOU MUST apply online at www.hvtc.com.au by clicking 'Jobs' and selecting the relevant position. We are unable to consider your application if it is not received in this way.
All applications must be completed using a unique, individual email address. Applications using a shared or family email address unfortunately cannot be accepted.
The process will include several stages and may include submitting an online application, responding to email requests to undertake online testing, interviews, reference checking and pre-employment medicals. Timely response to emails and phone calls will enable us to move through the process in a timely manner. Applicants should regularly check the nominated email account and respond to missed phone calls and voicemail messages.
Applications close Midnight Sunday 24th of June, 2018.