With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
The Mechanical & Piping Group is a Hatch global practice providing Mechanical engineering design expertise to Hatch's commodity-based business practices. Our capability spans through the whole project lifecycle comprising; scoping, conceptual design, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, basic and detailed engineering, construction and project management.
- Diverse and challenging Projects
- Well established, friendly and inclusive team
- 6-month contract available with possible extension – immediate start
- Flexible work arrangements available
Our Perth Hatch office is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer who is interested in working as a valued member of our Project teams.
The ideal candidate brings technical expertise and is someone who can work as an integral member of a team supporting junior team members whilst ensuring the focus remains on quality, cost and schedule in the planning and execution of the Project work.
Some of your key responsibilities will include (but are not exhaustive):
- Assisting in defining project scope
- Assisting the Engineering Manager/Lead Mechanical Engineer with the delivery of project requirements as they relate to scope, cost and schedule
- Performing system analyses, establishing user requirements, analyzing system functional and performance requirements, defining design criteria, and establishing system layouts and designs
- Preparing engineering calculations such as hydraulic modelling, stress analysis, equipment sizing and tank, pressure vessel and bin design and ensuring that all analyses satisfy user and system requirements
- Preparing technical specifications based on input received from other disciplines
- Conducting interface management between related systems
- Preparing data sheets based on input received from other disciplines and contributing to technical memos and reports
- Providing input to engineering, operating and capital cost estimates
- Preparing and/or reviewing project standard specifications and design criteria
- Preparing or providing input to 3D models and 2D mechanical drawings
- Participating in and contributing to design reviews
- Carrying out assigned tasks within budget and schedule
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required for this role:
- BSc/BEng in Mechanical Engineering and registration as a professional engineer
- Established project engineering experience
- Good communication, interpersonal, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to complete tasks independently and supervise junior team members as required
- Working knowledge of industry standards, regulations and codes pertinent to the mechanical engineering discipline
- Ability to function as a member of a multidisciplinary team and coordinate mechanical activities between disciplines
- Excellent safety awareness
This is an opportunity to join a professional, progressive organisation and become a part of an inclusive, supportive team.
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian / New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency status, or alternatively, a Visa that entitles you to work in Australia.
Previous applicants also need not apply.
To submit your application please click the "Apply" button below.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate.