BDO is the largest mid-market professional service provider globally, with the depth and breadth of services and expertise to deliver on all of our clients’ needs. At BDO, exceptional client service underpins our belief system and all aspects of service delivery to our clients. Our culture is collaborative and personal, and we recognise that to deliver exceptional service, we must provide an empowering and flexible environment for our people.
BDO Sydney are seeking Audit Seniors with 2-4 years’ experience in a chartered environment to join our growing dynamic team. You will be joining a team of specialists and technical experts providing independent assurance for financial statements, professional advice to management, and solutions to improve systems and performance. Our risk-based audit methodology is tailored to our clients and provides clients with constructive ideas for improving their control framework. You will undertake a full range of audit tasks including planning, testing, reviewing and client reporting, and coordinating the effective progression and completion of audit tasks for final Manager and Partner review. You will be responsible for supervising and reviewing the work of junior team members and providing on the job training and support throughout the audit process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Executing all aspects of an audit for large proprietary and listed organisations across multiple industries;
- Complete all planning related documents, including identification of risk areas for all clients, developing audit strategies, drafting of audit plans, group audit instructions, analysis and documentation of control environments and communicating with management and those charged with governance;
- Completion and review of all sections of the audit file with varying degrees of both technical accounting and audit requirements;
- Drafting and presentation of management letters and audit completion reports, as well as the preparation and review of statutory financial reports.
- High level of client interactions and on-site client visits;
- Coaching and mentoring junior colleagues and building internal relationships
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
- 2-4 years’ postgraduate experience in a Chartered environment
- Undergraduate degree with Accounting major or equivalent
- CA Qualified, or currently pursuing your qualification (or recognised equivalent)
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to engage with all levels of staff and stakeholders.
- Strong commitment to quality service and client relationships
- Demonstrated analytical/problem solving ability
- Team player; committed to supporting team members
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and exposure to Audit software
What we will offer you:
In addition to an industry competitive salary package, BDO offers a culture that emphasises career growth, professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility and global opportunities.
To submit your application please click Apply Now!
Recruitment Agencies - thank you for thinking of us, however we do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we’ll be in touch.