- Tax Practitioners Board
- Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney
- Ongoing/non-ongoing, full-time
The ATO and Tax Practitioners Board is seeking an experienced and successful professional to lead and oversee the operations and resources of the Tax Practitioners Board and provide strategic leadership and guidance to Board members and the Board’s workforce.
As the Secretary for the Tax Practitioners Board you will oversee the delivery of the Board’s objectives as defined by the Board and government, including identifying and defining corporate issues and emerging trends. Your in-depth knowledge of the public sector as well as demonstrated expertise in leading and managing public administration at a senior level will enable you to lead the delivery of a future-focused strategic plan.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing future year’s organisational strategies to achieve the Tax Practitioners Board’s planned outcomes and shaping the regulatory and governance processes that must align to the Board’s vision and direction.
The Secretary, Tax Practitioners Board will provide insightful, persuasive and trusted advice to senior stakeholders, including the Commissioner of Taxation, the Chair of the Tax Practitioners Board and Board members, Department of the Treasury, Department of Finance, The Inspector General of Taxation and Office of the Minister.
Our ideal candidate
• is experienced in setting the direction of enterprise-wide strategies and frameworks
• has the ability to lead and drive change, to develop the culture to which we aspire
• takes a proactive, collaborative and innovative approach to the design and delivery of enterprise objectives
• is a persuasive and influential leader
• has a strategic understanding of the role and purpose of the Tax Practitioners Board as well as an excellent insight into the environmental factors affecting the organisation
• has excellent stakeholder relationship skills, including the ability to provide insightful, persuasive and trusted advice to Board members, the ATO and other government agencies .
We offer a competitive remuneration package (including allowances and superannuation) in the range of $286,982 to $324,713 per annum, depending on experience.
The role may be offered in one of the following locations: Sydney, Melbourne or Canberra.