Requisition ID: 14713
Job Category: Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
The Mechanical & Piping Group is a Hatch global practice providing Mechanical engineering design expertise to Hatch's commodity-based business practices. Our capability spans through the whole project lifecycle comprising; scoping, conceptual design, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, basic and detailed engineering, construction and project management.
- Diverse and challenging Projects
- Well established, friendly team and great work environment
- Immediate start – 6-month fixed term contract with potential for extension
Our Perth Hatch team is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer who is interested in working as a Lead Mechanical Engineer for our Projects. As the Mechanical Project Lead, you will be responsible for supervising a team of Mechanical engineering practitioners to successfully achieve the required Project outcomes.
The ideal candidate brings technical expertise but can also relate well to and motivate others. We want someone who can support and bring out the best in their team – ensuring the focus remains on quality, cost and schedule in the planning and execution of the Project work.
Some of your key responsibilities will include (but are not exhaustive):
- Developing a thorough understanding of the project requirements as they relate to scope, cost and schedule
- Preparing a list of engineering deliverables and time-based functions to facilitate the planning and control of the engineering budget
- Developing the mechanical work plan for inclusion in to the project specific execution plan
- Developing and maintaining the project’s scope of work documentation and revise as required during the design evolution
- Managing and reviewing the Engineering Work Packages (EWP) associated with all deliverables and time-based functions to ensure that budgets and schedules are being met, and taking corrective action if necessary
- Reviewing and approving the mechanical engineering and design standards
- Reviewing and approving mechanical technical deliverables (specifications, datasheets, drawings, etc.)
- Assisting in the preparation and development of project specific procedures
- Establishing design tools, software, relevant codes and standards to be used on the project
Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering and registration as a Professional Engineer
- Extensive design and Project engineering experience leading teams in mining, metals, minerals processing or heavy industry environment
- Ability to rapidly understand and assimilate project and client specific requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership and Client liaison skills
- Strong deliverable focus and ability to plan the work
- Excellent understanding and belief in safety principles, standards and legislation
- Well-developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to undertake travel as required to meet Project needs
- Experience working on large or complex projects in a multidisciplinary environment is preferable
This is an opportunity to join a professional, progressive organisation and become a part of an inclusive, supportive team.
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian / New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency status, or alternatively, a Visa that entitles you to work in Australia.
Previous applicants also need not apply.
To submit your application please click the "Apply" button below.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, rel