Your New Organisation
Shoalhaven City Council is a dynamic and progressive organisation serving a large and diverse community. The ideal place to combine professional challenge with a relaxed lifestyle. The Shoalhaven City encompasses the sea-side villages of Jervis Bay and follows the coastline as far as Durras and also extends to the hinterland of Berry, Milton and escarpment village of Kangaroo Valley, and more. The Shoalhaven is located 2 hours South of Sydney and 1 hour South of Wollongong, possesses a mild climate and affordable housing. The perfect excuse to escape the bustle of the big cities and create the perfect work / life balance.
A fantastic opportunity exists for an experienced Civil Design Engineer to join the Project Delivery & Contracts team at Shoalhaven City Council. This is a permanent, full time position, working 35 hours per week. You will complete investigations and designs for local government infrastructure projects including roads, drainage, pedestrian and traffic facilities. You will be required to manage consultants, effectively communicate with stakeholders, and provide advice and information during the design and construction phases.
Your New Role
Reporting directly to the Unit Manager – Engineering Design Services, the focus of this position is to:
- To undertake investigation, design, technical specification preparation, quantity and cost estimation for a range of infrastructure projects.
- To work as part of a Design Team and mentor junior staff within the Design Unit
The salary package includes a discretionary weekly Market Component which may be payable to candidates with exceptional skills, knowledge and experience.
In order to be successful in the position, you will be/ possess:
- 4 year Degree in Civil Engineering or relevant Degree; or significant equivalent industry experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the design of civil infrastructure
- Eligibility for membership of Institute of Engineers
- Class C Driver’s Licence
How to Apply
You are not required to address all selection criteria outlined in the Job Description. You will be required to upload a brief cover letter (no more than 2 pages) and a resume.
You will also be required to respond to position related questions and questions regarding general information about you.
The position related questions you will be required to address are:
- Please outline your qualifications, experience, eligibility for Engineers Australia membership and driver’s licence details.
- Please describe your knowledge in the use of AutoCAD Civil 3D and Civil Site Design (formerly Advanced Road Design).
- Please list other design software you are proficient in using for civil engineering design.
- Please outline your experience undertaking designs for civil infrastructure and managing project teams to solve technical issues in order fulfill a project brief.
- Provide examples where you have undertaken cost estimation for the purposes of budgeting for civil construction projects and any relevant report writing to accompany your designs.
Contact: Matthew Apolo - (02) 4429 3145
Applications Close: Monday, 18 June 2018