WHY WE NEED YOU
As an organisation, we work tirelessly across Australia and at all levels to enhance and grow our game – from grassroots to elite. Together, we deliver, communicate, connect, support and develop to ensure we leave Australia’s Game and You in an even more extraordinary place than where we are now.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Corporate Sales Manager, you will play a key role in the sales and financial management of the AFL Events & Hospitality program throughout the season and finals series. To succeed in the role, you will be a skilled sales all-rounder, capable of driving new business but who also has a strong focus on customer growth.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF
- Managing key internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively manage existing corporate clients to ensure retention of client’s year on year and achieve business plan retention targets
- Ensure regular and proactive contact with each corporate hospitality account within designated portfolio/segment to ensure clients are highly satisfied and receive a consistently excellent experience
- Identify prospective clients, qualify needs of client and proactively sell corporate hospitality and membership products and converting leads into sales
- Utilise knowledge of product offering to align with client needs, adopting a consultative selling process whereby client needs are fully discovered and products offered are directly aligned with client requirements and needs
- Acquire new targeted corporate accounts in line with sales budget (monthly, quarterly, annual new business targets)
- Involvement in match day functions as required, with a focus on client relationship building opportunities
- Conduct outbound sales activity, contacting agreed number of new prospects weekly, and ensuring pipeline of sales
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
- Demonstrated ability to generate business leads through prospecting, personal networks and other relevant business channels
- Demonstrated ability to generate revenue growth from existing client portfolio
- Demonstrated ability to establish, maintain and repair client relationships
- High level presentation and negotiation skills.
The AFL supports and encourages applications from any suitably qualified candidate and aims to provide a welcoming and inclusive culture to all.
Please note employment in this position is subject to a satisfactory criminal history record check. The AFL has extensive procedures and checks in place to protect children and young people in our organisation.
- We believe in a Healthy Mind, Healthy Body and Healthy Workplace and our staff have access to an extensive Health and Wellbeing program
- My Development – all employees have access to the AFL’s My development program which consists of on the job training, coaching and mentoring and formal learning.
- AFL Staff Footy Memberships – easy access to the game, staff can share these with family and friends
- My Benefits – staff have access to over 350 discounts with some of the biggest retailers and the AFL’s Corporate Partners
- Play Your Way – A flex approach to your working life
Applications Close: 10 June 2018