Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment. Flexible working options are available.
At Boeing Defence Australia you can watch your ideas come to life.
We are helping to shape the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most complex sustainment and development program for the Australian Defence Force.
So from day one - your contribution will make a difference.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Software Technical Lead to be based at RAAF Williamtown, Newcastle.
Boeing Defence Australia is responsible for providing Engineering Support Services to the Wedgetail AEW&C System, which includes Mission Systems software upgrades to the Royal Australian Air Force.
As a Software Engineering Technical Lead you will apply your extensive experience to a broad range of complex software engineering activities including planning, estimation, design, architecture, implementation and test.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop, test & maintain the Mission Computing Software system
- In-service support build schedule and sprint estimation, planning, tracking and reporting
- Daily software team tasking coordination
- Coordination with the In-service Software Build Manager and guide software tasking discussions with the customer
- Earned Value Management variance reporting for mission computing software activities
- Prepare software requirements and designs and conduct artefact reviews to maintain engineering rigour
- Actively developing software and conducting software peer reviews
- Advise and assist the Mission Systems Software Capability with respect to site-based resourcing, process and tool set training, and on-boarding
- Be a courageous leader and actively mentor and coach junior staff members
- Being an outstanding corporate citizen
To be successful you will have:
- Strong proven experience in the relevant technical disciplines
- Advanced knowledge/experience with C++/Java/CORBA/Real Time Systems
- Advanced knowledge/experience with Wedgetail Mission Computing architecture layers
- Tertiary degree qualification in relevant technical discipline
- A passion for Servant Leadership and the ability to inspire a team to work cohesively and collaboratively across diverse geographic locations
- Experienced in Software Architecture, Design principles and methodologies
- The ability to work independently across a wide range of tasks and competencies
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
Joining BDA is a chance to make your mark, working on some of the most exciting and innovating technologies in the world within a supportive team that values diverse views.
So if you haven't considered a job with us, there has never been a better time to start. See your career take off and click Apply now.