As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD has much to offer. Become part of a connected global network operating across five continents and the Pacific region. Passionate about the communities in which we live, GHD has a reputation for providing innovative solutions. With a broad client base, interesting work and a supportive culture we’ll inspire you to reach your potential.
GHD’s Resource Engineering group is expanding. We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated, enthusiastic and committed Civil Engineer to join our team. You will be involved in the civil design, documentation and project management of a variety of projects for mining and industrial clients such as BHP, Rio Tinto and Newmont. This role also provides the opportunity to gain broad civil design experience in a variety of fields across a number of other service groups. The team provides highly valued services to energy and resources clients in Western Australia and elsewhere. The opportunity for growth and professional development exists for the suitable candidate - and with GHD’s global presence, our staff have access to ground-breaking technology and innovation, to complement your career progression.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Design of civil engineering projects, predominantly in the mining space.
- Report writing, investigations, technical analysis and developing proposals
- Supporting projects as delegated from the Resource Engineering group
To be successful in this role you will have the following capabilities and experience:
- A degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in civil design, including bulk and detail earthworks, stormwater drainage and roads.
- Previous experience and interest in resources engineering
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Technical report writing skills
- Technical and analytical skills
- Ability to create and maintain cohesive working relationships
- Have a passion and drive to deliver results
- Ability to work independently and within a multi-disciplined team
- 12D design skills and knowledge of BHPBIO standards and procedures are advantageous
We offer a professional and friendly culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity. GHD also provides attractive career and lifestyle options including professional development through the GHD Business School, flexible work options and family-friendly practices.
- Staff discounts on selected health insurance, gyms, travel and accommodation
- A generous parental leave policy for both men and women
- Access to an employee assistance program
- A variety of flexible working arrangements
- An inclusive environment that wins awards for workplace diversity
Join a highly-motivated team of people who collaborate seamlessly across the world to improve the quality of communities in which people live and work.