Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anaesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
In this high profile commercial role, reporting to the National Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for managing the key Private Health accounts. You will interact with senior internal stakeholders (Business Unit Directors) and deal with C suite customers externally to help set the commercial strategy for Healthcare Solutions.
- Develop and implement an opportunity management plan for the implementation of national agreements in the individual hospitals of the national private accounts
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the executives of key hospitals to assist in raising Baxter’s profile
- Work closely and keep open communication between stakeholders in the Baxter Business units and the Healthcare Solutions Commercial Team
- Develop and present Executive Business Reviews
- Develop business tactical plans for private accounts recommending development or modification to company or divisional strategies considering market trends
- Report private hospital market trend information to assist in strategy development
- Report on changes in Government policy, health initiatives and competitor activity
- Represent Baxter in major negotiations, at conventions/seminars and liaise with business partners including Government representatives, industry associations and major suppliers
- Manage all aspects of customer contracts including discount/rebate programs
- Participate in the preparation of the Sales execution plan
- National and regional travel is required in this role on a regular basis
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
The ideal background will include experience in a commercial sales / account management role
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant degree (Finance, Commerce, Science or Marketing)
- Experience in Health Sector with at least 5 years commercial experience
- Relationship Building & Stakeholder Management - the ability to build strong and positive relationships with executive stakeholders both internally and externally
- Business / Commercial acumen – ability to use information about organisational climate and key individuals to accomplish legitimate organisation goals
- Planning and Organising - able to prioritise and develop realistic action plans and manage organisational change
- Analytical skills / Problem Solving - use a systematic approach to solve problems and offer alternative solutions
- Leadership & Team Building – demonstrated ability to work in teams to foster high morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
- Highly developed verbal communication skills - present information, influence and persuade others, listen well
- Written Communication - write clearly, present ideas effectively and document activities; ability to read and interpret written information
- Strong customer focus and a passion for delivering customer satisfaction
- Intermediate Microsoft skills (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Ability to work autonomously with a drive and determination to succeed
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Apply today and experience a career that matters!
For further information, please contact Rohit Anand on (02) 9848 1338.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to