Mechanical Engineer - BRI00JG
Company : WorleyParsons
Primary Location: AUS-QLD-Brisbane
Employment Type : Staff
Job Level : Experienced
Job Posting: May 22, 2018
Unposting Date: Jun 17, 2018
Reporting Manager Title : Principal Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical Piping Engineer
- 12 Month contract
- CBD location
- Multidisciplinary projectsWorleyParsons is a leading provider of professional services to the resources and energy sectors and complex process industries. Our services cover the full asset spectrum both in size and lifecycle from the creation of new assets to services that sustain and enhance operating assets. With approximately 23,000 employees across 42 countries, we continue to push boundaries and extend our capabilities around the world. We're an ASX 200 listed company that prides itself on providing safe and high-quality services which exceed our clients' expectations, which is why we manage some of the world’s leading projects. At WorleyParsons we are proud of our people and passionate about delivery.The Role:We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Mechanical Engineer to join our operations in Queensland. This role is part of a team delivering engineering services across a portfolio of projects for a global Oil and Gas company operating in Queensland’s Coal Seam Gas industry. This is a fantastic opportunity to further your knowledge of the hydrocarbons industry.Key duties/responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Prepare engineering designs, equipment specifications, data sheets, lists and calculations.
- Participate in design review, constructability and safety review workshops (HAZID/HAZOP).
- Prepare requisitions for equipment procurement and assess vendor bids.
- Review vendor design documentation.
- Prepare construction scopes of work.
- Input to commissioning plans and procedures and participate in commissioning activities.
- Cooperate with other engineering disciplines and designers to deliver projects.
To be considered for this role it is envisaged you will possess the following attributes:
- Piping experience.
- Hydrocarbons experience, preferably Coal Seam Gas.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Self-motivated and adaptable.
- Site or Brownfields project experience will be highly regarded.
We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package, a friendly, professional and dynamic working environment with the opportunity to develop your career prospects globally.
WorleyParsons recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in its workplace.
You must have current unrestricted working rights for Australia to be eligible for consideration and only those candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience will be contacted directly.