Job Title: Booking Clerk
Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 3
Annual Salary: $60,039 - $64,616
Branch: Deputy Director General
Vacancy Type: Temporary Full-time
Duration: Ten months.
Position Number: 12234
Closing Date: 7 June 2018
Contact Officer: Natasha Lawrence (02) 6244 2798 firstname.lastname@example.org
ACT Health is a values-led Directorate. Our values guide our day-to-day actions, behaviours, decisions and communications to successfully deliver the best services to meet the needs of our community. They were developed by us, for us and are unique to our work.
Canberra Hospital and Health Services (CHHS) provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community-based health services to the ACT and surrounding region.
Overview of the work area and position
The Medical Imaging Department is a Diagnostic Unit within the Canberra Hospital.
Our service is committed to providing state of the art diagnostic imaging, interventional radiology and nuclear medicine services for patients in Canberra and the South East Region of NSW. We are committed to research and training in advancing the use of imaging for the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Under direction of the Administration Supervisor’s, you will play a key role in the booking and scheduling of procedures and scans for outpatients and inpatients within CHHS and the wider community. You will be required to liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
• Undergo a pre-employment Police check.
This is a temporary position available for a period of ten months.
1. Under general direction provide reception and clerical services to patients attending the Medical Imaging department
2. Scheduling of patients requiring attendance for modality bookings and providing relevant information
3. Liaise with clients, departmental, CHHS and wider region medical and administrative staff
4. Maintain modality waiting lists
5. Retrieve files from off sight storage when required
6. Undertaking other duties appropriate to this level of classification which contribute to the operation of the section.
These are the key criteria for how you will be assessed in conjunction with your resume and experience.
Your statement of claims against the selection criteria should summarise how your skills and experiences would enable you to fulfil the responsibilities of the position. It is therefore in the interests of candidates to present their application in a way that demonstrates significant outcomes associated with each of the criteria, as well as the capabilities and behaviours that underpin them.
1. Ability or willingness to learn scheduling of Medical Imaging modality bookings effectively and efficiently.
2. Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and ability to liaise within a multidisciplinary environment.
3. Knowledge in computer applications such as a Radiology Information System or other systems used within a hospital environment, or demonstrated ability to learn these systems
4. Ability to undertake general reception duties and work as a member of a multidisciplinary team within a clinical environment
5. Demonstrates a commitment to work, health and safety (WH&S) and the positive patient experience and displays behaviour consistent with ACT Health’s values of Care, Excellence, Collaboration and Integrity
How To Apply
To complete your application, you must prepare responses to the Selection Criteria and upload this as part of your application along with a current curriculum vitae. For more information on how to apply go to http://www.health.act.gov.au/employment/how-apply .
For further information about the position and a copy of the performance expectations and jobs demands checklist, please contact the Contact Officer above.