- Full time (1.0), Fixed term contract up to 6 months
- Salary Range: $57,014 - $61,905 p.a. plus superannuation
- Location: Frankston
Chisholm is Victoria’s premier public vocational education and training provider, with campuses located across Melbourne and the south east.
Each year, we welcome some 30,000 students from over 43 culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. More than 1,200 passionate and dedicated Chisholm employees work together to deliver quality training and education in Melbourne’s south east manufacturing heartland and key residential growth corridor.
A Victorian Government-owned TAFE, we aim to lead the way in education and training to inspire success and transform lives.
Our purpose is to excel in education and training and be respected and valued for enhancing the social and economic futures of individuals, industry and communities.
Our drive for commercial success is underpinned by our core values of Opportunity, Integrity, Collaboration, and Achievement.
In the past 20 years, we have grown significantly to become a multi-sector institute, delivering a broad range of education and training programs and services in higher education, vocational education and training (VET) and school sectors across ten campuses in Victoria, online, in the workplace and overseas with partner educational and government organisations.
We offer nearly 500 courses, from VCE/VCAL/VETiS, through to nationally accredited qualifications such as certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, degrees, graduate certificates, graduate diplomas and short courses.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be accountable for providing technical support, advice and recommendations to ensure the effective operations of Business & Information Technology Programs including Fee for Service and Short Courses. The position will support teachers in the business area.
The position is will ensure the appropriate allocation of materials and resources to support the delivery of programs, drawing upon knowledge and experience gained from Business & Information Technology and associated industries, their processes and practices. The role will oversee issues relating to OH&S in accordance to government regulations and support safe workshop access and use for students and staff.
Your key accountabilities will be to:
- Support the diverse demands for preparatory procedures and practices for government funded and fee for service courses.
- Ensure the appropriate allocation of materials and resources are provided to support delivery of programs within the specific industry areas.
- Organise the repair of equipment and workstations to ensure the efficient operation of the full range of departmental equipment and resources and maintaining systems and records that are in compliance with auditing regulations.
- Provide technical support in the promotion of regular activities, events and exhibitions, internal and external to the institute.
- Ensuring correct Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) practices and procedures are maintained in accordance to legislation.
- Act as OH&S representative for the Business & IT business area and respond to the procedures set out within Institute and government guidelines.
You will have a current drivers licence to travel between sites as the business needs and relevant vocational qualification for example Certificate IV in Information Technology or above.
Crucial to your success will be your proven track record in your ability to carry out hands on technical activities, with demonstrated experience using appropriate tools. You will have demonstrated IT capability in Microsoft, Virtualisation Technology e.g. VM Ware, Cisco Systems and Linux e.g. Red Hat. You will also have a sound understanding of OH&S issues in relation to materials, equipment and practices.
You are a highly motivated team member who is self-motivated and has the ability to innovate and problem solve. You will have a high regard and a focus for detail on using both interpersonal and networking skills with the intent working across a broad and diverse business, maintaining quality customer relations and service standards.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position closes on 9am Tuesday 12th of June 2018