- Must be able to handle full set account.
- Plan, direct and manage the provision of accurate, timely and objective financial data from which informed management decisions can be made.
- Recommend remedial action when and where necessary.
- Safeguard owner assets by creating and maintaining sound internal control systems.
- Serve as an active member in the Hotel Management Committee
- Direct preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts; establish and/or recommend to management major economic objectives and policies for hotel.
- Support MD/General Manager and hotel financial goals by direct preparation of profit & loss statement, balance sheet as well as monthly and annual reports summarize and forecast hotel’s revenues, expenses and earning based on past, present and expected operations.
- Ensure compliance with standard policies and procedures and all applicable governed laws.
- Negotiate and monitor contracts with hotel’s vendors.
- Ensure the collection and payment of applicable taxes.
- Advise management of desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Validate reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Supervise the maintenance of accurate hotel accounting records according to V8 HOTEL policies and procedures.
- Work with all departments of the hotel in any and all functions, directly or indirectly pertaining to expense and finance. Keep them informed as to their departmental expense and investigate any items that appear to be questionable.
- Maintains basis knowledge of local financial law as pertaining to the accounting function of the hotel.
- Maintain and keep on file all contracts, licences, permits and other documents which present a financial commitment to the hotel and ascertain continuing compliance therewith.
- Work with HR Manager on payroll control, payroll budgets and procedures.
- To supervise and direct the credit controller in endeavouring to minimize losses arising from uncollected guest and city ledger accounts.
- To submit tax returns and other government reports to the proper authorities on a timely basis.
- To conduct complete and impartial investigations of irregularities regarding established procedures or affecting the assets of the hotel and subsequently
To supervise and direct the credit controller in endeavouring to minimize losses arising from uncollected guest and city ledger accounts
To communicate with the MD /General Manager on a continuing basis in all accounting matters and other items of the significant nature.
Perks & Benefits
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Central location
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Open culture
- Personal development opportunities