School of Commerce
The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) is a young, dynamic University dedicated to providing quality programs and degrees in a flexible and supportive environment. In less than 50 years, USQ has become a prominent teaching and research institution providing education worldwide from three regional locations – Toowoomba, Ipswich and Springfield.
The School of Commerce prides itself on providing high quality teaching, research and service in its growing range of disciplinary areas, including aviation and logistics. As the primary driver of the Bachelor of Aviation, our staff are dedicated and effective teachers who are active in research with strong industry links. Our dedicated staff are committed to providing our students from all over the world with a high level of support and constantly improving the quality and relevance of our suite of highly regarded programs. As a result, our graduates have high levels of knowledge, understanding, skills, practices and values, which enhance their expertise and employability.
A unique and exciting opportunity is now available for an academic with relevant experience to play an integral role in our undergraduate and postgraduate aviation and logistics programs.
What you’ll do
In this key role, you will make a major contribution to USQ’s teaching and applied research into the areas of Aviation and Logistics. Reporting to the Head of School, you will:
- Develop and deliver education that inspires students to reach their full potential;
- Participate in industry engagement and promotion of USQ Aviation programs;
- Apply your professional, industry-based skills and knowledge to address the professional requirements of a broad range of students from diverse backgrounds;
- Participate in Aviation research projects, which lead to demonstrable reportable outcomes; and
- Supervise undergraduate or postgraduate research projects.
What will help you succeed?
Your ability to work collaboratively and collegially with fellow academics, professional staff and a range of external stakeholders will be complemented by your well-developed interpersonal skills, strong organisational ability and commitment to delivering quality teaching in your area of expertise. Additionally, you will have:
- A Bachelor degree and Master degree in Aviation, as well as teaching experience, research outcomes and/or professional impact;
- A current, or recently held (within 5 years), Private Pilot Licence or military equivalent;
- Well-developed knowledge and understanding of the Australian and international aviation industry and an established track record of academic achievements, or equivalent professional impact and influence;
- Some tertiary teaching experience, and/or teaching in an online environment, or the demonstrated potential to develop such expertise;
- Potential to engage with others in team based research, preferably currently enrolled in a PhD;
- A demonstrated ability to maintain and manage linkages with industry and professional bodies; and
- A demonstrated ability (as per the USQ People Capability Framework) to strive for performance excellence and engage people to build positive relationships.
What we offer
As a staff member of USQ, you will experience a range of rewarding career, financial and lifestyle benefits, including generous superannuation, professional development programs, discounted personal travel and health services and many work / life balance initiatives.
USQ Springfield’s ‘Community Centred – Career Focused’ theme provides a student focused environment with the latest in program delivery and technology. With state-of-the-art technology and facilities, USQ Springfield campus is just 40 minutes from the Brisbane CBD, and just over an hour from the Gold Coast.
Reference No: 103034
Term: Full-time continuing appointment
Salary: Total remuneration range $108,142 to $127,820 pa (includes salary range of $91,378 to $108,005 pa, employer superannuation contributions of 17% of salary and annual leave loading)
Closes: Wednesday 22 November 2017
At USQ, we are united by our core values of Respect, Integrity and Excellence, which guide our daily actions and decision making.
If you think you can bring this role to life, we invite you to submit your resume along with a two page statement outlining your motivation and suitability for the role. You can find out more about th