Position: Airline Service Operator
Work Hours: from 5 up to 8 hour day
Rotational Shift work over 7 days
Commencement time vary - 0400 through to 2000 start times
Warehouse Duties - 95%
Office duties - 5%
Office duties include - computer based activities and manual paper based work
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- The safe and secure physical handling of freight and mail including the acceptance and delivery of loose and shipper loaded freight (ULDs), build-up and breakdown of loose freight and dispatch of export freight,
- The safe physical loading and unloading vehicles using forklift equipment, by-pass vehicles and transfer machines and hoists,
- Acquit freight being loaded and unloaded from vehicles,
- Accurate completion of freight handling procedures and documentation
- Adhering to external regulatory requirements relating to freight handling;
- Maintaining close working relationships with customers;
- Operating communication equipment and performing basic data entry as required;
- Regular manual handling of weights up to 30kg.
- ULD control and serviceability,
- Demonstrate a helpful and courteous customer service attitude at all times.
- Exercise flexibility in moving between work areas as required and work as part of a team and/or under supervision to achieve work group objectives,
- Carry out basic serviceability and maintenance checks of vehicles and/or equipment, including refuelling of vehicles,
- Comply with Corporate Occupational Health and Safety Service Responsibility Standards,
- Comply with Company Service Standards and Divisional/Divisional Service Standards
- Demonstrated customer focus with the ability to provide efficient and friendly service balancing customer expectations with Freight operational requirements.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work in a team environment without supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work to stringent policy guidelines, freight processes and procedures, safety and security standards.
- Understanding of Freight processes and procedures including ACS (Customs) and AQIS (Quarantine) requirements,
- Ability to adhere to OH&S requirements including the use of hearing protection and safety footwear/vests/shirts.
- Forklift licence, current unrestricted state driver's licence and airside licence.
- Physically fit including ability to perform heavy repetitive lifting.
- Eligibility to hold an Aviation Security Identification Card.
- Dangerous Goods awareness.
- Ability to work 7day rotating shift or non-shift as required
- Demonstrated high standard of personal and professional integrity and a willingness to contribute to continuous improvement,
- Able to operate communication and computer equipment.
- Ability to meet Corporate Occupational Health and Safety Service Responsibility Standards,
- Ability to meet Corporate and Divisional/Departmental Service Standards.
NOTE - This role interacts with all positions within the Freight business located within the Administration Building and the War