Aircraft Structural Integrity Engineer
Airbus Group Australia Pacific: Brisbane Airport
Airbus Group Australia Pacific is seeking a suitably qualified Aircraft Structural Integrity (ASI) Engineer. The ASI Engineer would join the Head of Design team located at our Brisbane facility on a permanent basis. The position is responsible to the Senior ASI Engineer and Team Lead for the conduct of specialist engineering activities in the domains of aircraft structures and mechanical systems in direct support to the MRH90 Aircraft Structural Integrity Program.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain the delivery of the MRH90 Aircraft Structural Integrity Management Plan (ASIMP)
- Maintenance and delivery of the MRH90 Usage Monitoring Program including; coordination, collection, monitoring, pre and post processing of MRH90 usage data and development of routine usage reports
- Provide technical expertise to the MRH90 CAM-SO in the areas of aircraft structures and mechanical systems
- Development and delivery of MRH90 ASIP engineering tasks in order to fulfil the requirements of the ASIMP and the MRH90 ASIP Master Schedule
- Support to the MRH90 Fatigue Management Program including; effects to life-limited critical parts, identification of environmental degradation and impact to fatigue life, direct liaison with the aircraft OEM (NHI) in order to calculate new fatigue life for critical parts
- Support to and delivery of the MRH90 ASI Working Group
To be successful for this role, you will have a Tertiary Degree in an appropriate engineering related discipline (Aerospace, Mechanical, etc) with in depth knowledge of aircraft structures and 3+ year of experience. You will be familiar with the contemporary aircraft airworthiness regulations (e.g. DASR Part 21J, Part M). Ideally, you will have aircraft structural integrity experience on Fixed Wing or Rotary Wing platforms; focussed around fatigue management and environmental degradation. You may also have experience working within a CAMO. Airbus Group Australia Pacific are looking for someone who can demonstrate that they work well in a small team that is under constant schedule and milestone delivery pressures.
All applicants must be an Australian Citizen to be eligible for a Commonwealth Security Clearance and all applications must include a resume & cover letter (within the 1 document)
About Airbus Group Australia Pacific
Airbus Group Australia Pacific is a part of Airbus, a global pioneer in aerospace and defence related services whose divisions include Airbus Commercial, Airbus Helicopters and Airbus Defence and Space.
Wholly owned by Airbus, Airbus Group Australia Pacific represents Airbus in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific and is the region's largest helicopter manufacturer, employing more than 1700 people across 19 sites in Australia and New Zealand. With the largest market share in civilian and military helicopters, the company supports more than 500 Airbus Helicopters and is well recognised as a leading Through-Life-Support provider in military fixed wing and helicopter platforms.
Airbus Group Australia Pacific's offering includes products, services and support of military aircraft, space systems and communication, intelligence and security. For further information, visit our website.
Application Closing Date: 6 September 2017