A well-established, growing Australian/International Architectural practice with multiple local and global offices requires Architects and an Associate/Associate Director level Architect to join the team in their busy Sydney office.
This opportunity offers the chance to lead the studio in Aviation projects and be supported by a highly experienced and knowledgeable Aviation team.
What do they design?
- Aviation: Master Planning, Concept Design, Design Development, Documentation of New Builds and Upgrades of Terminals and support services buildings
- Health and Research
- Hospitality and Hotels
What design services do they provide?
- Interior Design
- Urban Design
- Master Planning
What is it like to work there?
You will be working alongside in Sydney both national award-winning seasoned designers and talent newly recruited to their team from Australia and globally.
They are based in a new building in the Sydney CBD - close to trains and buses, and retail precinct.
Your work day may include:
- Concept Design
- Client Presentations
- Collaboration with the Principal of Aviation and Aviation Design team of Architects and Interior Designers based in Sydney, interstate and overseas
- Design Development
- Contract and Tender Documentation
- Client liaison
- Coordination of the Architecture team and Consultant team
- Mentoring of Junior Architects
- Teamwork on design competitions
How will I develop my career here?
The employees are able to take advantage of various ways to develop their skills & experience including:
- Global mentoring team lead by highly talented designers
- Training programmes in Revit & other design & graphics software
- In-house talks & seminars
- Inter-office staff exchanges
- Participation in Research and Design Groups
- Potential for promotion to Associate & Associate Director
- Potential for profit share and equity
- In-house heathy life-style support services
Skills & Experience you will need:
- Bachelor and Masters in Architecture
- A minimum recent, continuous experience of 10 years in AUSTRALIA with a major Architectural practice
- A minimum of 10 years' and a maximum of 15 years' recent experience in the design and delivery of major new Aviation projects and redevelopments of Aviation projects within time, cost and quality targets in Australia; additional International Aviation experience is desirable too
- Extensive knowledge of technically focussed Contract Documentation
- Ability to lead small to large teams in design and documentation, with an emphasis on consultant coordination and client liaison with all stakeholders
- Excellent design sense
- An understanding of BIM (preferably Revit) - to assist you in preparing the resourcing and delivery process to meet project programme requirements
The salary package offered is commensurate with your skills & experience.
For further information regarding this position or any other opportunities that we currently have available, please contact Scott Cloak in confidence on 02 9955 2299.