Malaysia - Penang - Bayan Lepas
Senior/ Staff Software Engineer (Tool Developer)
Altera Corporation (M) Sdn Bhd
Sign in to view salary
Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR) is the pioneer of programmable logic solutions, enabling system and semiconductor companies to rapidly and cost effectively innovate, differentiate, and win in their markets. Altera offers FPGAs, SoCs with embedded processor systems, CPLDs in combination with software tools, intellectual property, embedded processors and customer support to provide high-value programmable solutions to over 12,000 customers worldwide. Altera was founded in 1983 and had annual revenues in 2014 of US$1.93 billion. Altera is headquartered in San Jose, California, and employs more than 3,000 people in over 20 countries.
Forging the next evolution in electronic design, Altera® reprogrammable solutions deliver fast time to market and an advantage over costly, high-risk ASIC development and inflexible ASSPs and digital signal processors. Altera offers value to a much broader market than was previously addressed by programmable logic products.
By maintaining strong, long-standing partnerships with industry-leading technology suppliers, such as foundry partners Intel and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), Altera customers are assured of quality and on-time delivery. Altera enhances its own place-and-route design software with tools from best-in-class EDA vendors. With the assistance of a world-class distribution network, Altera services customers around the world. This highly successful business model allows Altera to focus on its core competency: the development and deployment of leading-edge programmable technology that provides maximum value to customers.
The Penang site houses Altera’s largest offshore R&D technical centre and manages Asia Pacific manufacturing and test activities. The work done here includes: IC Design,Software/IP Design, Product/Test Engineering, Device Engineering /Failure Analysis, Packaging, and Applications Engineering. Altera Penang is also a great place to work. We have great recreational facilities, including two clubhouses and two high-end gyms to ensure that work is fun. We also give excellent internship allowance.
- Architect, design, develop and maintain in-house software development support tools.
- Research and implement new technology/methodology/process to drive continuous performance and quality improvement of in-house software development support tools.
- Establish good relationship with internal customers to identify and understand business requirements.
- Benchmark in-house software tools with industry standards/practices and propose recommendations to influence engineering productivity, quality and innovations.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 5 to 7 years of related development experience.
- Solid working knowledge of programming languages such as C, C#, SQL and OS for example UNIX, LINUX and Microsoft platforms across all tiers.
- Practical coding skills.
- Work well within a local/global cross-functional engineering team environment as well as independently.
- Possess scripting knowledge (i.e. Perl, VB/VBS, Powershell).
- Personal attributes that include:
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Effective communication
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Willing to be on off-hour support if the need arises
- Comfortable on working in a dynamic fast-paced environment and deal with ambiguities
- A good team player with initiative and a positive work attitude
- Excited about new technologies and passionate about work
- A results oriented individual who embraces change
- Display a high degree of professionalism at all times: candor, confidentiality, tact, collaborative and resourcefulness.
- Agile learner with demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently manage several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to set priorities when confronted with competing requests and work with minimal guidance