- Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability;
- Developing a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines;
- Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs;
- Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers;
- Making sure a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments;
- Managing projects using engineering principles and techniques;
- Planning and designing new production processes;
- Producing details of specifications and outline designs;
- Recommending modifications following prototype test results;using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modeling and computer-aided design;
- Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints;
- Working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector;
- Monitoring and commissioning plant and systems.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in related field.
- Computer literate and male preferred.
- Self-driven and independent to work under pressure to meet deadlines.